Wayanad In The Western Ghats
Land Of Paddy Fields
This North-Eastern District in Kerala takes the visitors back in time, and the rich forests are still home to ancient tribes. Pazhassi Raja ruled North Wayanad, while the British built roads for tea cultivation. The modern plateau yields cash crops, and Wayanad tour package from Bangalore includes a visit to Edakkal Caves. Spectacular sights await the curious traveller, and there is no shortage of good food. Civilization is not far away, and cars and cable TV are a common thing nowadays. Taste the delicious Malabar food, and relish the mist-filled hills and peaks to your hearts pleasure!
Distance To Cover
The journey covers around 260 km. through Channapatna, Mandya, and the busy Mysore city. Wayanad tour package from Bangalore delivers adventure, as this edge of Nilgiri biosphere is a popular destination. This region has UNESCO heritage status, and the right mix of art and Nature is a perfect getaway. Couples and trekkers will have their hands full, and the resorts and restaurants serve exquisite delicacies. The never ending Nature’s largesse can be seen in the mountains, streams, waterfalls, and lush green forest cover. The dense vegetation and tranquil scenes guarantee an unforgettable eco-tour!
The Wayanad tour package from Bangalore is suitable for different types of tourists. Couples and families can enjoy a smooth ride, and short holidays always leave sweet memories. Honeymooners can spend quality time in the lap of Mother Nature, and breathe in fresh air from the hill station. Trekkers’ spirits soar high as climbing peaks that are 2000 metres above sea level is an incredible experience. Wooded hills adjoin the freshwater lakes, while the wildlife is rare and protected… and you get hot and aromatic Coffee!
2 Nights, 3 Days Trip Itinerary
The Wayanad tour package from Bangalore is a combination of beauty, history, and natural freshness. Stay in modern rooms, and soak in the serenity of a clean and green hill station.
- Early morning departure from Bangalore with the assistance of tour agent.
- Reach Wayanad after a 5 to 6 hour drive and check into the hotel.
- Glimpse the greenery, dales, and mountain peaks that are covered with tea gardens.
- Be privy to prehistoric inscriptions and archaic secrets of Edakkal caves.
- Other noteworthy sights include Lakkidi Gateway, Thamarassery Ghat and Pookot lake.
- Overnight stay at the peaceful resort will rejuvenate both body and mind.
- Finish the breakfast, and trek up the Chembra peak for incredible views.
- Neelimala point is visible from the top, and Vaduvanchal has scintillating trails.
- Capture the placid and heart shaped Chembra lake in your camera or phone.
- Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary and Soochipara Waterfalls are a must see.
- The attractive Jain Temple and Kuruva Island also attract sizeable visitors.
- Return back to the hotel for a quiet period of relaxation and much needed rest .
- Pack your bags and checkout after a light breakfast in the morning.
- After that, There is a 5 Km ride that leads to the Pazhassiraja Museum & Art Gallery.
- Megalithic relics and historic coins can transport the tourists back in time.
- Ancient, Kerala-style murals and paintings are also on display for art connoisseurs.
- Say goodbye to Wayanad and embark on the return journey to Bangalore .